Single Digital Gateway

Applying for social assistance

If you have too little money to get by, you may be entitled to social assistance (bijstand). You can apply for social assistance at your municipality or the website, an online work platform operated by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency).

You are entitled to social assistance if you:

  • are a Dutch citizen or lawfully resident in the Netherlands, and;

  • are aged 18 or over;

  • do not have enough income or funds to get by. Your (joint) income must be below the social assistance standard (in Dutch);

  • cannot claim any other provision or benefit;

  • are not in prison or in a detention house.

There are also a number of obligations when you receive social assistance (in Dutch).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Barneveld: Applying for social assistance

Please note: you can only apply for bijstand (social assistance) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • You (temporarily) have insufficient income
  • The social assistance benefit supplements any income up to the social assistance level.
  • You live in the municipality of Barneveld and you are 18 years or older.
  • Contact the municipality via +31 342 495 902 to make an appointment to discuss your situation
  • We will tell you how to submit an application during your appointment.
  • You will receive our decision within 8 weeks of your application.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Barneveld

Last updated on 22 September 2022