Single Digital Gateway

Applying for a planning permit

Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via the Omgevingsloket. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.

You need a planning permit for various activities in your garden or in and around your house, such as: 

  • construction; 
  • demolition; 
  • building a driveway; 
  • modifying, renovating or restoring a listed building; 
  • cutting down trees. 

Go to the Omgevingsloket (online environment portal) to check whether you require a planning permit (in Dutch) or if just a notification is sufficient.

You can apply for a planning permit via the Omgevingsloket (in Dutch).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for a planning permit

Do you want to know whether you need an omgevingsvergunning (planning permit)? You can do an online vergunningcheck (permit check) at the Omgevingsloket online (planning permit online service desk) in Dutch.

This is how you apply for planning permission:

  1. Go to the Omgevingsloket online.
  2. Do the vergunningcheck.
  3. See whether you need a permit.
  4. You can apply for the permit immediately online or in writing. Use the Omgevingsloket for both options. Log in: 
    * for yourself: with DigiD 
    * for a company: with eHerkenning

You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality of Sint-Michielsgestel.

The municipality will need 8 weeks (standard procedure) to assess your application. It will sometimes take 26 weeks (extended procedure). This will be the case, for example, if you want something different from what is stated in the bestemmingsplan (zoning plan). The municipality can extend the period once for a period of 6 weeks.

The list of permit applications and decisions are published on the website Officiële bekendmakingen.

Do you disagree with the decision? If so, you can lodge a complaint. The following applies:

  • For a standard permit (8 weeks), you must lodge a complaint within 6 weeks of the decision being made and published. The conditions for lodging a complaint can be found with the published decisions.
  • For an extended permit (26 weeks), the initial decision is a pending decision. You can submit your response within 6 weeks. After that a final decision will be issued. You can appeal to the rechtbank (district court) within 6 weeks. You can send your letter by post to: Rechtbank Oost-Brabant, Sector Bestuursrecht, Postbus 90.125, 5200 MA ’s-Hertogenbosch.

Good to know

You may start work only once you have received the permit. If you start earlier, you may be required to undo the work at your own expense.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Sint-Michielsgestel

Visiting address

Meanderplein 1

5271GC Sint-Michielsgestel

Opening hours
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 19:30
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 16:00
Last updated on 2 January 2024