Single Digital Gateway

Applying for a planning permit

Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via the Omgevingsloket. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.

You need a planning permit for various activities in your garden or in and around your house, such as: 

  • construction; 
  • demolition; 
  • building a driveway; 
  • modifying, renovating or restoring a listed building; 
  • cutting down trees. 

Go to the Omgevingsloket (online environment portal) to check whether you require a planning permit (in Dutch) or if just a notification is sufficient.

You can apply for a planning permit via the Omgevingsloket (in Dutch).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for a planning permit

The permits for building, housing, monuments, space, nature and environment have been merged into the environmental permit. This allows you to arrange several permits at once. There is now only 1 application and 1 procedure. The single permit replaces, among others, the building permit, demolition permit, environmental permit and felling permit.

Do you want to know whether you need an omgevingsvergunning (planning permit)? Or if you have to notify the authorities? You can do a vergunningcheck (permit check) at the Omgevingsloket (planning permit online service desk, in Dutch).

This is how you apply for planning permission:

  1. Go to the Omgevingsloket. Log in with DigiD (for yourself) of with eHerkenning (for a company).
  2. Do the vergunningcheck.
  3. See whether you need a permit.
  4. You can apply for the permit immediately.

The cost depends on which all-in-one permit for physical aspects you apply for. Note that you must pay even if your application is rejected.

The municipality will need 8 weeks (short procedure) to assess your application. It will sometimes take 26 weeks (extended procedure). This will be the case, for example, if you want something different from what is stated in the omgevingsplan (zoning plan). The municipality can extend the period once for a period of 6 weeks.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Gilze en Rijen

Visiting address

Raadhuisplein 1

5121JX Ri+jen

Opening hours
08:30 - 12:00
08:30 - 12:00
08:30 - 12:00
08:30 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
17:00 - 19:00
08:30 - 12:00
Last updated on 2 January 2024