Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Nijmegen: applying for a personal budget (PGB)

Please note: you can only apply for a PGB if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can use a persoonsgebonden budget – PGB (personal budget) to buy care, help or support. 

Are you looking for help at home, an adjustment in your home to be able to continue living at home or an aid to move yourself? The consultants of the Wmo of the municipality will help you find a solution. This help is regulated in the Wmo (Social Support Act).

As a solution, you can often opt for an aid/care from an organization that we as a municipality have a contract with. Or you opt for a personal budget (PGB) for the medical aid/care. With the PGB you can then search for an organization to arrange for help at home or a wheelchair yourself.

To be eligible for a PGB, you must meet a number of requirements:

  • You must draw up a PGB plan, in which you must specify what help you need.
  • The care providers that you select must meet quality requirements.
  • You must conclude an agreement with the care providers yourself.
  • You must be able to manage your PGB yourself. For example, you must conclude a contract with the care providers yourself. You must also direct them and keep records. You can also ask a PGB representative to do this for you.


You do not receive the money from your PGB yourself. The municipality pays your personal budget to the Sociale Verzekeringsbank – SVB (social insurance bank). You send your care providers’ invoices to the SVB. The SVB will then pay them. You must keep the invoices for your records.

How to apply for a PGB: call us at +31 24 329 90 00.

We will answer your question immediately if possible. If there is a rush, we will quickly arrange help. In other situations, a telephone call or a meeting at your home will follow a few weeks later, both with us and with our healthcare providers and suppliers. However, it is very busy at the moment. We hope you understand the longer waiting time.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nijmegen

Last updated on 9 December 2022