Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Lingewaard: applying for a personal budget (PGB)

You can use a personal budget to buy care, help or support. There are two types of personal budget:

Personal budget via the Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning – Wmo (Social Support Act)

Do you receive Wmo support from your municipality? And do you want to arrange this help yourself? Then you can apply for a personal budget from your municipality.

To be eligible for a personal budget, you must meet a number of requirements:

  • you must draw up a personal budget plan, in which you must specify what help you need.
  • the care providers that you select must meet quality requirements.
  • you must conclude an agreement with the care providers yourself.
  • you must be able to manage your personal budget yourself. For example, you must conclude a contract with the care providers yourself. You must also direct them and keep records. You can also ask a personal budget representative to do this for you.


You do not receive the money from your personal budget yourself. The municipality pays your personal budget to the Sociale Verzekeringsbank – SVB (Social Insurance Bank). You send your care providers’ invoices to the SVB. The SVB will then pay them. You must keep the invoices for your records.

NB: you can only apply for a personal budget if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Contact the municipality of Lingewaard: +31 26 32 60 111.

Your municipality will inform you within 8 weeks whether you will receive a personal budget.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Lingewaard

Last updated on 23 November 2022