Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee: applying for a personal budget (PGB)

With a personal budget (pgb) you can arrange the care or support you need yourself. For more information, contact the municipality or the Social Insurance Bank (SVB).


The personal budget (pgb) is an amount that you can spend on care or support yourself. For example, you choose who you hire for help with the household. This can be a professional, but also a neighbor or a family member. For example, with a PGB you can also buy a different stairlift or scooter than the one you get from the municipality. Or you can purchase youth care with a PGB.

There are 4 types of PGB, for care and support from:

  • youth care
  • Social Support Act (Wmo)
  • Long-term Care Act (Wlz)
  • Health Insurance Act (Zvw)

You will not receive the contribution on your bank account. You therefore do not pay the care providers yourself. You instruct the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) to pay your care providers. You must keep the administration of the care that you have purchased. The SVB pays health insurers on the basis of an invoice, a timesheet or a monthly payment.

To be eligible for a PGB, you must meet a number of requirements:

  • You must draw up a PGB plan, in which you must specify what help you need.
  • The care providers that you select must meet quality requirements.
  • You must conclude an agreement with the care providers yourself.
  • You must be able to manage your PGB yourself. For example, you must conclude a contract with the care providers yourself. You must also direct them and keep records. You can also ask a PGB representative to do this for you.


You do not receive the money from your PGB yourself. The municipality pays your personal budget to the Sociale Verzekeringsbank – SVB (social insurance bank). You send your care providers’ invoices to the SVB. The SVB will then pay them. You must keep the invoices for your records.

How to apply for a personal budget (pgb):

Go to the website of the Social Insurance Bank. Here you can see what the application for each type of PGB looks like.

In most cases you have to pay a personal contribution.

Your municipality will inform you within 8 weeks of their decision.

If you would like more information, you can contact the Social Contact Point of the municipality on telephone number 14 0187, option 1.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Koningin Julianaweg 45

3241XB Middelharnis

Opening hours
08:00 - 12:00
08:00 - 17:00
08.00 - 17.00
08:00 - 17:00
18:00 - 20:00
08:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 14 November 2022