Single Digital Gateway

Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

If you need care or nursing due to illness or disability, or you need help at home, you may be eligible for a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB). You can use this money to pay for your care needs. For example, you can hire someone to help you with your shopping or clean your house, or you can arrange for youth care services for your child.

There are 4 types of care for which you can apply for a PGB:

  • Support at home: if you need support, transport or help at home.
  • Youth care services: if you need help for someone under the age of 18.
  • Heavy, long-term care needs: if you need 24-hour care every day.
  • Nursing and personal care: if you need personal care or nursing at home.

Eligibility to receive a PGB depends on the care you need.

You can apply to the Zorgkantoor (care office), your healthcare insurer or the municipality for a PGB. The type of care you need will determine which organisation you approach to apply for a PGB (in Dutch).

You can receive several PGB's at the same time. For example, if you or your child has an indication for support at home and nursing. Then you will receive one PGB from the municipality and one from the healthcare insurer. 

Read more about combining several PGB's (in Dutch).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Care or help

Are you eligible for help from the Social Support Act (WMO) or the Youth Act? 

For yourself or for your child(ren)? Then you can choose whether you want to receive the help via care in kind or via a personal budget (Pgb). 

Personal budget (Pgb): 

  • A Pgb is an amount of money with which you purchase your own care. 
  • You conclude an agreement with a care provider yourself. 
  • You are able to hire and manage the care provider yourself.
  • You can handle your claims yourself with the Social Insurance Bank 

Care in kind: 

  • If you receive care in kind, a care organization will provide you with exactly the care or help that you have agreed upon with the municipality 
  • The municipality pays the care organisation. You don't have to arrange anything for this yourself

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Bunnik