Single Digital Gateway

Applying for a parking permit

Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.

A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hoogeveen: Applying for a parking permit

You can obtain a parking permit if you meet the following conditions:

  • The car is registered in your name. Or you have a lease car.
  • You live in the Netherlands and are registered in the municipality where you want to apply for the parking permit.
  • Are you not registered in the municipality? Then you must prove that you live and work in that municipality.
  • Your vehicle complies with the environmental requirements.

As a resident, you can apply for a parking permit online. You can do this with your DigiD via the E-desk on the website of Parking Service Hoogeveen. On the website you can:

  • Apply for and pay for a new parking permit
  • Change an existing parking permit
  • Renew or terminate an existing parking permit
  • Pay the annual renewal of your parking permit
  • Change the registration number on your resident's permit
  • See what other permits you can get.

Parking service Hoogeveen will process your application and assess it

You can find the costs of the different types of parking permits on the website of Parking Service Hoogeveen. All permits are valid for 1 year.


The parking areas in Hoogeveen are divided into sectors. In an overview you can see for which sector you can get a parking permit and where you can park with your permit.

It is not possible to obtain a parking permit for some areas. This may be the case, for example, in areas in which there is a (future)  construction zone ornew area developmend. In some cases, however, you can apply for an exemption for a certain zone.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoogeveen

Visiting address

Raadhuisplein 24

7901BW Hoogeveen

Opening hours
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 20:00
9:00 - 13:00
Last updated on 22 September 2022