Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.
A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Applying for a parking permit
You are eligible for a parking permit if:
- You are registered in one of the following districts: City centre (the area between Singels and Rijnkade), Stationsgebied, Transvaalbuurt, Spijkerkwartier, Spoorhoek, Sint Marten, Burgemeesterskwartier, Heijenoord and Nieuwe Kadekwartier.
- The vehicle registration certificate of the car is in your name. Do you have a lease car? You must demonstrate this with the lease contract or with a statement from your employer.
- You do not have on-site parking.
The following also applies:
- One parking permit is granted per independent home, even if several people are registered at the same address.
- In Burgemeesterswijk, Heijenoord, Transvaalbuurt and Nieuwe Kadekwartier, two permits are granted per independent home. Less the parking options on site.
- In Spijkerkwartier, a permit is granted per resident if the resident has a vehicle registration certificate in his/her name. Less the parking options on site.
You can apply for a parking permit online at Parkeerservicebureau P1 via https://arnhem.parkeer.nl/webshop
A parking permit costs:
- €141 per year
- €83 per half year