Single Digital Gateway

Applying for a noise permit for sports motorbikes

Do you expect your sports motorbike to make noise above maximum noise levels? For example, on a sports ground or at an event? If so, you must apply to your province for a noise permit for sports motorbikes (geluidsontheffing voor sportmotoren).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Motorbike noise nuisance

It is forbidden for sports motorcycles to exceed the maximum noise level. A sports motorcycle is a motor vehicle with fewer than four wheels. The motorcycle does not have a normal registration number and is intended for the practice of motor sports. You may also apply for exemptions for sports areas, events and sites. A sports area is specifically intended for the use of motorcycles, mopeds and other authorised motor vehicles. Sites include, for example, motocross areas for competitions or leisure.

You apply to the province for the exemption from excess noise.

The conditions vary from one situation to another.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Groningen

Also useful

Last updated on 17 January 2023