Do you want to apply for a new passport or renew your old one? The application process depends on where you hold citizenship and where you live.
- Do you hold Dutch citizenship? Then you can apply or renew at your municipality.
- Do you hold Dutch citizenship, but have no fixed place of residence? Then you can contact a Dutch border municipality to apply for a new passport or to renew your old one.
- Do you not hold Dutch citizenship? Visit your own embassy or consulate for a passport.
- Do you live in the Netherlands on a valid residence permit? Are you unable to get a passport from your country of origin? Then you can apply for a vreemdelingenpaspoort (alien passport) at your municipality.
- Do you live in the Netherlands as an erkend vluchteling (recognised refugee)? Then you can apply for a vluchtelingenpaspoort (refugee passport) at your municipality.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
To apply for a passport, you must live in the Netherlands and be registered with a municipality.
In the municipality of Zoetermeer, procedures or the way of applying may differ from the general information above. For more information please contact us at 0031 79 346 8004.