Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Tiel: applying for a new passport or renewing your old one

Please note: you can only apply for a new Dutch passport or renew your old one if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you have Dutch nationality, but no fixed place of residence? Then you can contact a Dutch border municipality to apply for a new passport or to renew your old one.

  • All travel documents in your possession. Also travel documents that have expired.
  • 1 new passport photo for each new travel document to be applied for. You had the passport photo taken no more than 6 months ago. The passport photo also meets the current guidelines. These guidelines can be found on If you are unsure about your passport photo, you can inquire at the Public Affairs Office.
  • Are you younger than 18 years old? Then you need permission from your parents. Read all about it on the page Permission parents for travel document child.
  • The costs for applying for your passport must be settled with the application.

Please note: the person for whom the travel document is intended must always come himself, both when applying for and when collecting it. If, for example, it concerns your minor child, even if it is still a baby, the child must accompany both the application and the collection.

You must apply for a passport in person at the municipality where you live. Make an appointment to apply for a passport.

make an appointement.

  • Adults: € 75.82
  • Children up to the age of 18: € 57.34
  • Spoedaanvraag (urgent request): € 51.62 extra

After around a week, you can collect your passport yourself from the municipality. This also applies to children up to the age of 18. When you apply, you will be provided with more information about how to collect your passport.

You have 3 months in which to collect your new passport.

Do you need your passport sooner than that?

  • If you need your passport quickly, you can make a spoedaanvraag (urgent request). If you apply for the passport before 12:00, you will be able to collect it the next working day. Allow for some delay if you no longer have your old passport.
  • If you need the passport today, contact the Koninklijke Marechaussee (Royal Netherlands Marechaussee) for an emergency passport.


  • An adult passport is valid for 10 years.
  • For children up to the age of 18, a passport is valid for 5 years.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Tiel

Visiting address

Achterweg 2

4001MV Tiel

Opening hours
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 12:00
Last updated on 12 December 2022