Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Molenlanden: applying for a new passport or renewing your old one

Please note: you can only apply for a new Dutch passport or renew your old one if you have the dutch nationality and are registered at a dutch municipality.

Do you have a foreign nationality or have a foreigner status and you can prove that you are unable to request a passport in your own country, then you can apply for a foreigner passport.

If you have a refugee status you can apply for a refugee passport.

Do you have Dutch nationality, but no fixed place of residence? Then you can contact a Dutch border municipality to apply for a new passport or to renew your old one.

You must apply for a passport in person at the municipality where you live. Make an appointment to apply for a passport.

An overview of the costs are listed on the productpage.

After around a week, you can collect your passport yourself from the municipality. This also applies to children up to the age of 18. When you apply, you will be provided with more information about how to collect your passport.

You have 3 months in which to collect your new passport.

Do you need your passport sooner than that?

  • If you need your passport quickly, you can make a spoedaanvraag (urgent request). If you apply for the passport before 14:00, you will be able to collect it the next working day. Allow for some delay if you no longer have your old passport.
  • If you need the passport today, contact the Koninklijke Marechaussee (Royal Netherlands Marechaussee) for an emergency passport.


  • An adult passport is valid for 10 years.
  • For children up to the age of 18, an refugee passport or a foreigner passport is valid for 5 years.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Molenlanden

Last updated on 13 January 2023