Do you want to apply for a new passport or renew your old one? The application process depends on where you hold citizenship and where you live.
- Do you hold Dutch citizenship? Then you can apply or renew at your municipality.
- Do you hold Dutch citizenship, but have no fixed place of residence? Then you can contact a Dutch border municipality to apply for a new passport or to renew your old one.
- Do you not hold Dutch citizenship? Visit your own embassy or consulate for a passport.
- Do you live in the Netherlands on a valid residence permit? Are you unable to get a passport from your country of origin? Then you can apply for a vreemdelingenpaspoort (alien passport) at your municipality.
- Do you live in the Netherlands as an erkend vluchteling (recognised refugee)? Then you can apply for a vluchtelingenpaspoort (refugee passport) at your municipality.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Please note. You can only apply for or renew a passport if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
Do you have Dutch nationality, but no permanent residence in the Netherlands? Then you can apply for or renew a passport at a border municipality.
You apply for a passport in person at the public counter in City Hall. You can pick up your passport after 5 working days. You must make an appointment to both apply for and collect your passport. This can be done online or by telephone.
For more information, costs, conditions and applications, visit our website at the link below.
De Misse 6