Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an exemption for activities in an area containing a source of drinking water

Areas containing sources of drinking water are protected. Do you want to carry out activities in such an area? This is only allowed if you have an exemption from the province. Or if you have submitted a notification in advance. For example, introducing substances into the soil that may contaminate the soil. Some activities are always prohibited. The province can provide you with more information.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Carrying out activities in a drinking water supply area

Areas where groundwater is extracted to produce drinking water are protected areas. You may only carry out activities close to the source of drinking water if you have an exemption for this from the provincial authorities or if you have reported this in advance. Certain activities are always strictly prohibited: you cannot get an exemption for these. You can find out more from the provincial authorities.

The province assesses each exemption application separately. Rules may be laid down to protect the area from contamination.

You submit the notification or request an exemption for carrying out activities within a water catchment or groundwater catchment area with the province.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Flevoland

Visiting address

Visarenddreef 1

8232PH Lelystad

Opening hours
08:00 - 17:00
08:00 - 17:00
08:00 - 17:00
08:00 - 17:00
08:00 - 17:00
Last updated on 3 January 2024