Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an environmental permit for an entrance and exit driveway to a provincial road

Do you want to make or change a driveway to a provincial road from your property? For example, because otherwise you will not be able to access your house. Then you need an environmental permit by your province. 

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Private road connecting to a provincial road

As the owner of or a person with a direct interest in a piece of land, you may find it necessary for your land to be connected to a provincial road via an egress. You must then first apply for an environmental permit.

Due to the traffic hazard, the province will only consider the request if there are no other options. Only one driveway per piece of land is allowed. For this, it will consider whether the flow of traffic, road safety, liveability and quality of the road will be unaffected.

You apply for the environmental permit to construct an egress via Omgevingsloket online.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Zuid-Holland

Visiting address

Zuid-Hollandplein 1

2596AW Den Haag

Opening hours
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
Last updated on 2 January 2024