Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an environmental permit for an entrance and exit driveway to a provincial road

Do you want to make or change a driveway to a provincial road from your property? For example, because otherwise you will not be able to access your house. Then you need an environmental permit by your province. 

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Private road connecting to a provincial road

If you are planning to carry out work close to a provincial road or waterway or construct a private entrance road leading to a provincial road, you need permission. You can request this permission from us.

If you plan to lay or reposition cables along a provincial road or waterway, you need permission from us, or you have to report that this will take place.

Due to the traffic hazard, the province will only consider the request if there are no other options. Only one driveway per piece of land is allowed. For this, it will consider whether the flow of traffic, road safety, liveability and quality of the road will be unaffected.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Overijssel

Visiting address

Luttenbergstraat 2

8012EE Zwolle

Opening hours
07:00 - 17:00
07:00 - 17:00
07:00 - 17:00
07:00 - 17:00
07:00 - 17:00
Last updated on 2 January 2024