Do you have a disability and want to park your car close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply for a parking space for the disabled at your municipality. This is a parking space in which other people with a disability can also park their car.
There are conditions for obtaining a disabled parking space .The municipality will consider, for example:
- whether you have a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities that is valid for at least 6 months;
- the days and times when you wish to use the disabled parking space;
- whether there are already any disabled parking spaces nearby;
- the amount of parking available in the vicinity.
The parking space for people with disabilities is not just for one person. It is not linked to a vehicle registration number. Other people with disabilities can park their vehicles in this space as well. They must, however, also have an EU parking card for people with disabilities.
Do you want to apply for a disabled parking space that is exclusively for your vehicle? If so, apply for a personalised disabled parking space.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Applying for a disabled parking space
Please note: You can only apply for a parking space for the disabled if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
You can request a disabled parking space by registration number if:
- you have a valid driver's license
- you have a disabled driver's parking card
- the car is in your name (or in the name of your spouse/partner)
- you cannot park on your own property
- there are regularly no free parking spaces in your immediate living environment
- A copy of your disabled parking card
Do you have a lease car? Then:
- A copy of the registration certificate
- A copy of the agreement stating that you are the primary user.
You can apply online or at the service desk.
Log in with your DigiD
Applying at the service desk
You can also apply for a disabled parking space at the municipality’s service desk. Make an appointment online: www.hilvarenbeek.nl/afspraak
The application will cost you nothing.
You will receive an answer from the municipality within 3 months.