Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Lingewaard: applying to collect a driving licence

Please note: you can only apply for a driving licence if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Health certificate

In some cases, you must first apply for a gezondheidsverklaring / Verklaring van Geschiktheid – VvG (health certificate / Certificate of Fitness) from the Centraal Bureau Rijvaardigheidsbewijzen – CBR (Central Office for Motor Vehicle Driver Testing). You must do so if:

  • you have a medically diagnosed disability;
  • you are 75 years of age or older and your driving licence is expiring;
  • you need a driving licence for a lorry or bus (category C and/or D).

Driving licence for young people under the age of 18

  • If you are under the age of 18, you may drive only under the supervision of someone who holds a begeleiderspas (instructor’s permit).
  • You can register at least 1 and a maximum of 5 instructors.
  • First, the instructor registers via the Rijksdienst voor het Wegverkeer – RDW (Netherlands Vehicle Authority) website. Then you apply for the instructor’s permit. You can do this digitally on the website of the RDW.
  • Once the instructors have received their instructor’s permit, you apply for the driving licence from the municipality.

You apply for your driving licence in person at the municipality where you live and are registered. You must make an appointment to do this.

In some cases you can also apply for your driving licence online. You will then be able to collect the new driving licence from the service desk after just 2 working days. You submit the application via the RDW website. Visit the RDW website to find out how to apply for a driving licence online (in Dutch).

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Lingewaard

Last updated on 23 November 2022