Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.
Are you going to rent social housing from a housing corporation (woningbouwcorporatie)? Then in many municipalities you do not need an affordable housing permit, but in some you do. Check with your municipality.
The eligibility conditions for an affordable housing permit differ depending on the municipality. Eligibility criteria may stipulate that:
- you work or study in the municipality or region;
- you already live (or have lived) in the municipality or region;
- the property matches your income and the size of your family.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Zaanstad: Applying for an affordable housing permit
If you want to register at an address in Poelenburg or Peldersveld, there is a good chance that you will need a affordable housing permit.
To be eligible for an affordable housing permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- You are going to live at an address in Poelenburg of Peldersveld in Zaandam
- You must be 16 or older.
- You have Dutch citizenship, a valid passport from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or a valid verblijfsvergunning (residence permit).
- You want to live in social housing.
- If you are going to live with someone, you must apply for the housing permit yourself. With the application you need a declaration of willingness from the main tenant. (Appendix Declaration of readiness for the main tenant of the housing association housing).
- If it concerns a new tenancy agreement, the housing association will apply for this for you.
- you want to live in a private rented house. With the application you need a declaration of willingness from the owner. (Appendix Declaration of willingness private home).
- you are going to live in an owner-occupied home. With the application you need a declaration of willingness from the owner. (Appendix Declaration of willingness private home).
You can apply for the affordable housing permit online
Add one of the attachments below:
bijlage - bereidverklaring particuliere woning (permission private home)
bijlage - bereidverklaring hoofdhuurder corporatiewoning (permission main tenant)
An affordable housing permit is free of charge.
If the application is complete, you will find out within a few weeks whether you will be granted an affordable housing permit. What happens if the application is incomplete? The municipality will contact you.