Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an affordable housing permit

Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.

Are you going to rent social housing from a housing corporation (woningbouwcorporatie)? Then in many municipalities you do not need an affordable housing permit, but in some you do. Check with your municipality.

The eligibility conditions for an affordable housing permit differ depending on the municipality. Eligibility criteria may stipulate that:

  • you work or study in the municipality or region;
  • you already live (or have lived) in the municipality or region;
  • the property matches your income and the size of your family.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Housing permit

Are you going to rent subsidised housing in the municipality ? If so, you will need a huisvestingsvergunning (affordable housing permit).

  • the basic rent of the housing is no more than  € 763,47.per month.

Where do you apply for the housing permit?

  • Do you rent from Viveste or the Woningbouwstichting Cothen? You request the permit from your own landlord.
  • Are you renting from another landlord? You apply for the housing permit online at the municipality.

You pay a fee for this service.

  • An affordable housing permit costs € 29,85

 For more information, contact the municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Wijk bij Duurstede

Last updated on 26 September 2022