Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.
Are you going to rent social housing from a housing corporation (woningbouwcorporatie)? Then in many municipalities you do not need an affordable housing permit, but in some you do. Check with your municipality.
The eligibility conditions for an affordable housing permit differ depending on the municipality. Eligibility criteria may stipulate that:
- you work or study in the municipality or region;
- you already live (or have lived) in the municipality or region;
- the property matches your income and the size of your family.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Epe: Applying for an affordable housing permit
Please note: you can apply for an affordable housing permit only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
You do not need an affordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning).
Are you going to rent public-sector housing in the municipality of Epe? If so, you will need an affordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning ) in the following situations:
- the basic rent of the housing is no more than € xxx per month;
- the housing has xxx points or fewer. For more information on the points system, visit the rijksoverheid.nl website.
Are you going to rent public-sector housing in the municipality of Epe? Check whether the housing is in a neighbourhood or street where an affordable housing permit is required. [link naar postcodechecker of beschrijving van de wijken. Of contactgegevens voor meer info]
To be eligible for an affordable housing permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be 18 or older.
- You have Dutch citizenship, a valid passport from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or a valid residence permit (verblijfsvergunning).
- The housing has at least xx square metres of usable floor area per person.
- The taxable annual income of your household is € xxx or less.
- Is the basic rent of the private-sector housing € xxx or less? If so, the combined income of your household may not exceed € xxx.
- Is the basic rent of the private-sector housing higher than € xxx? If so, the combined income of your household may not exceed € xxx.
Applying online via DigiD
- Fill in the ‘Application for an affordable housing permit’ form
- Log in using your DigiD;
- Add all attachments;
- Pay via iDEAL.
Applying online without DigiD
- Fill in the ‘Application for an affordable housing permit’ form [pagina gemeente];
- Send the form and all attachments via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Transfer € xxx to:
IBAN number: NL xxxxxxx
In the name of: xxxx
Under the payment reference (betalingskenmerk) state:
An affordable housing permit costs € 60,00.
You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality email@example.com.
If the application is complete, you will find out within xx weeks whether you will be granted an affordable housing permit. What happens if the application is incomplete? The municipality will contact you.
Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Public Information Service