Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an affordable housing permit

Do you want to rent affordable, social housing? In some municipalities you need anaffordable housing permit (huisvestingsvergunning) for this. Check with your municipality whether this applies in your municipality. If necessary, apply to your municipality for the affordable housing permit.

Are you going to rent social housing from a housing corporation (woningbouwcorporatie)? Then in many municipalities you do not need an affordable housing permit, but in some you do. Check with your municipality.

The eligibility conditions for an affordable housing permit differ depending on the municipality. Eligibility criteria may stipulate that:

  • you work or study in the municipality or region;
  • you already live (or have lived) in the municipality or region;
  • the property matches your income and the size of your family.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Affordable housing permit

Please note: you can apply for an affordable housing permit only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You need a huisvestingsvergunning (affordable housing permit) if you want to rent a house below the rent subsidy limit.

Are you renting a home through SVNK (housing association)? Then they take care of the housing permit. Are you renting a house below the rent subsidy limit via a private landlord? Then apply for a housing permit.

Your income may not exceed € 40,765 for a single-person household and not more than € 45,014 for a multi-person household.

You do not need a housing permit if:

  • you rent a house above the rent subsidy limit
  • you buy a home

Applying online via DigiD

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Dijk en Waard

Last updated on 26 September 2022